I’m mostly (haha…okay, that might be an exaggeration…) done with the next bookmark, and I needed a breather because I looked at what I did and it’s way crazier looking than I thought it’d be going in.
Yep…that’s a lot of candy.
I have learned (after a few fails) to print these guys out periodically and make sure they’re actually possible to color. I’m happy to say that most of it is. I’ll have to make a few things bigger as I start with the line art, but in the grand scheme of things it isn’t horrible.
Another thing I’ve learned is that they’re all going to shrink once they’re printed out for sale/digital. (converting to pdf does that…) My flower bookmarks are there for a comparison. They’re not too much smaller, but that’s almost a full inch. An inch matters a good deal when it comes to teeny tiny little shapes. My goal is to make a product that can be colored–not just one that you’re going to stare at in frustration.
I am happy that the two I’ve finished so far look so very different!
Thanks Amy and Puvi for the ideas! I’ll decide once I’m done with this bit.
And I still want a cupcake.